We had an amazing Summer. Beaches, festivals, family BBQ’s, and spending long days outdoors. The sun provides us with benefits like vitamin D, but it also wreaks havoc on our skin. Excessive sunlight exposure causes the skin to produce more melanin which in turn causes us to darken and tan. Melanin is like the body’s own natural defense against damaging rays from the sun. Negative effects from overexposure include acne, a breakdown in the elastin of the skin, leading to wrinkles and sagging, and hyper-pigmentation (dark spots) – especially in already dark skin.
We are heading into fall, the air is cooler, but our skin is still sun kissed and looking good. For now…
We haven’t seen the damage caused yet. Have you seen this video? It shows what our skin really looks like – what we can’t see, the sun sees!
Summer is most definitely here and we are feeling it this week aren't we? How is the sun seeing you? Even when it's partly cloudy like today, the UV rays still get through! Stop into Beautique and receive a FREE microdermabrasion with the purchase of an SPF this month. Book Online Now: https://goo.gl/rgr3Lx Video Credit: @thomasleveritt
Posted by Beautique Medical Spa on Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Crazy, right?! Even if you have seen this video going around, it’s still shocking to see it again. So, what do we do now, how do we combat what has already occurred? Here, at Beautique, we have the answer.
Recover and Build Your Better Skin! Services we offer and recommend include:
- IPL Photo Facial – in just half an hour, increase blood flow and collagen deep beneath the skin to reduce redness and fine lines
- Vi Peel – gentle chemical peel to treat acne scarring, fine lines, sun spots, hyper-pigmentation, and enlarged pores
- TLI Facial Infusion – topical light therapy to boost reduction of acne scarring and skin rejuvenation
- Silk Peel – re-surface the skin while infusing it with serum. Adds volume and gets rid of old cells and damaged skin.
- LED Therapy – color light therapy which is non-invasive and aids in collagen production and even skin tone
- Post Recovery Facials – polish your skin with a relaxing and invigorating facial
We have you covered, right now take advantage of our License-to-Peel Package, reverse sun damage and build your better skin! Call for a consultation